This is a blog to drain my brain cells - Drained by Back2vasanth @lias Vas' Morgan

Monday, March 10, 2008

Lincoln is what I got - My first car in US

Since we have lots of TCS people in Schaumburg and lots of Indians around Chicago and Shaumburg, it is really difficult to get good deals in cars like Honda, Nissan or Toyota. I searched in and out for these three cars for nearly 2 months. Nothing got materialized.

Finally, one day I decided to buy a Honda Civic 1999 model from a dealer and went to meet at 8.30 pm. But the dealer was busy with other customers and so we came out without seeing the car.

Similarly, I had few incidents where i used to search for good car deals in website and call the dealer/owner and check for availability of the car. And immediatedly 2 minutes after i end up the call, he will call me back saying he has sold the car to a person just walked in.

One day, we worked whole night in nielsen office to extract the Q4 POS data and validate and FTP the extracted files for Scoring process. We completed the work only the next day at 9 am. So they asked us to leave office and take rest that whole day.

I thought that it is a good chance for me to go and hunt for cars. So searched and found a Lincoln 2001 LS model (Luxury segment car) for $7900 from Woodfield Nissan Dealer. Started at 10.30 am along with Venkat and reached the dealer. Pradeep drove in directly from office at 12 noon along with Hari and Jay.

My First Car photos - In Pandi's Camera - 8th MAR


Pradeep helped in negotiating and getting a good deal (after 1 hour of negotiation we fixed the deal for $7500 including tax and plate). Deal was made for $7500. Then i took the car to Firestone to get his feedback. After inspection, firestone recommended not to buy the car. They gave a long list of issues which they claim they can fix all those for estimated price of $2500.

After that response from firestone i lost a bit of interest to buy that car. I was in dilemma. Then I called Pradeep and checked with him. Later i learnt that, in general, firestone used to upsell its service and tries to make money by servicing the car. So i finally decided to buy the car. I paid partly in cash and partly in Credit card (Pradeep's Card).

The car looks great and i am happy and satisfied with the car. Only dissapointment is, it consumes more fuel than Japanese Car. But Luxury comes with Cost.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

November 10, 2008 at 8:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home